Homes for Sale in Brooklyn and Glenwood, Raleigh, NC
Most Popular Searches for Brooklyn and Glenwood Neighborhoods, Raleigh, NC
About Brooklyn-GlenwoodBrooklyn- Glenwood neighborhoods are located in Raleigh, NC. These areas were developed between 1905-1951 and span over 80 acres. The house styles include Colonial, Queen Anne, Bungalow and Craftsman. There are primarily single family and townhomes but since the 1980s, some of the larger homes have become apartments. In 2016, Raleigh City Council voted Brooklyn-Glenwood as the first street side historic overlay district. Area residents asked for the rezoning so any improvements, demolitions and new buildings would now require a detailed review in order to preserve the historical feel of the neighborhoods. Since Brooklyn-Glenwood are older communities they include extensive alleys and sidewalks.Homes in Brooklyn-Glenwood:
- Square Footage ranges from 1,500-over 3,000sq ft
- Prices vary from $200,000- over $500,000
- Lot Sizes range from 0-.25 acres
- Fletcher Park located in the middle of the neighborhood. Fletcher Park offers tennis, gardens, baseball fields, amphitheater and historic buildings for special events.
- Walking distance to Glenwood South and Five Points
- ½ mile from Cameron Village shopping and restaurants
- The neighborhood has seen a significant increase in young professionals with children over the last 20 years, which has lead to many of the historic homes being restored.
- Many of the streets in the neighborhood were named after US Presidents.