Homes for Sale in Historic Oakwood, Raleigh, NC
Most Popular Searches for Historic Oakwood Neighborhood, Raleigh, NC
About Historic Oakwood
Oakwood is located north of downtown Raleigh, NC and was developed between 1880 and 1930. The neighborhood is made up of a variety of architectural styles including Victorian, Craftsman and Minimal Traditional. Oakwood is listed as a historic district in the National Register of Historic Places. As part of this designation, all changes to the exterior of the homes are subject to review by Raleigh Historic District Commission. Oakwood received its name from the incredible oak trees that line the streets.
Historic Oakwood Homes:
- Square Footage ranges from 1,000-3,500sq ft.
- Prices vary from $250,000-over $750,000
- Lot Size ranges from 0-.26 acres
Map of Historic Oakwood in Raleigh, NC
Historic Oakwood Features
- Oakwood was profiled by HGTV as one of five great neighborhoods in Raleigh. http://www.greatamericancountry.com/places/local-life/great-neighborhoods-in-raleigh
- Close to Seaboard Station which offers many unique specialty shops, a variety of restaurants and even a grocery store and fitness center. http://seaboardstationshops.com/
- A candlelight tour of several historic Oakwood homes is offered each year in December to the public. http://www.historicoakwood.org/